Landscape Painting Kit
Easels – a small number are available to borrow. Alternatively you can buy:
- Aluminium sketch easels – £48.71
- Mabef Box Easel – £150.00
The Jullian Box Easel is a personal favourite but harder to find.
- Brushes- bring what you have and I can go through them and say which is good to use.
- Brush carrier (can be plastic bag with elastic band)
- Palette – folding is best. I have ordered lots if you don’t have @ £7 or you can buy block of throw-away ones (I don’t like these, but we do have them).
- Canvas boards – 2 minimum needed each day (I will be bringing many spares). The first week I will also bring lots of small £1 for our grisailles and colour sketches.
- (You should try to use pairs of same size so that they can be stacked and carried together easily)
- Canvas keys or discs of cork or 2p coins- to put between paintings at end of day to avoid them touching when walking back
- Kitchen Paper or rags
- Plastic carrier for binning your rubbish.
- Linseed Oil and or medium (i.e. with balsam)
- Turpentine or Shellsol or Sansodor
- Jam jars with tight lids for above
- Palette cups
- Palette knife
- Sketch Book and pencil
Oil paints – with oil paints the quality is reflected in the price.
- White – big tube (clouds etc)
- Cadmium or lemon yellow
- Yellow Ochre
- Cadmium Red
- Alizarin Crimson
- Raw Umber
- Cerulean, Cobalt or Pthalo Blue (the cool)
- Ultramarine Blue (the warm)
Practicals – come prepared for all weather conditions, it will vary not only from week to week but from hour to hour!
- Tape (for attaching paper to Board)
- Light Stool – optional – but a good idea unless you are happy to sit on walls etc
- Hat – visor
- Long sleeved shirt – in case very hot
- Umbrella – raincoat – in case very wet!
- Jumper – it is always colder than you expect when standing still.
- Scarf or sarong
- Rucksack, (not open bag)
- Bottle for drinking water – or whatever drink you prefer.
- Snacks Galore!
- Good Walking Shoes